– Sports Played: Track
– College you plan to Attend: Cleveland State University
– Anticipated Major: Nursing
– Varsity Letters You’ve Earned: 3
– What will you miss about being a student athlete at WHS: I will miss seeing my coaches and teammates.
– Favorite Class: Anatomy
– Favorite Teacher: Mr. Berlekamp
– What are you most proud of about your athletic career at WHS: Earning a varsity spot of high jump after a couple days of practice
– Favorite track experience: Being at the BW meet for 12 hours
– Advice to younger teammates: Remember to thank your mom and dad.
– Most memorable moment of my career: Screaming every time I jump a hurdle
– Favorite restaurant in Westlake: Condado
Coach Miller: Fiona was a dedicated track athlete. She always worked hard when practicing and gave her best effort when competing. Fiona took it upon herself to provide comedic relief for the hurdlers when necessary (and sometimes when it wasn’t!).
Coach Haselswerdt: Fiona, one of the famous Stroski Clan, could always be counted on to do three things – 1) work hard, as she was at every practice, meet, and team event no matter what, 2) help the team wherever and whenever possible, whether field events or track events, and 3) have as much fun as possible, as she was part of the crew who never took things too seriously and helped create a fantastic team culture of hard work but having fun at the same time. Those three items are just the tip of the Stoski Iceberg, and we’ll miss her as she moves on next season!