– Sports Played: track and field (does marching band count?!)
– College you plan to Attend: University of Cincinnati
– Anticipated Major: Civil Engineering
– Varsity Letters You’ve Earned: 3 for track
– What will you miss about being a student athlete at WHS: sharing snacks with all the other throwers at meets
– Favorite Class: AP Art History
– Favorite Teacher: Mrs. Klenz
– Favorite track experience: skipping rocks in the puddles when the pits flooded 🙂
– Advice to younger teammates: just keep working!
– Most memorable moment of my career: placing 5th at districts last year
– Pre-meet song/routine: listening to Gwen Stefani on the bus
Coach Hammond’s Comments: Julia is simply one of the hardest workers on the team. As an athlete, she was dedicated to the weight room. As a thrower, she was dedicated to learn and practice different throwing techniques to be the best thrower she could be. Even with all her hard work, she was always genuinely surprised with all her success. But we weren’t! Thank you Julia for some great memories and good luck as a Bearcat!