The Westlake City School District is committed to keeping our student-athletes safe during these trying times. There has been a lot of information distributed from Governor DeWine’s office, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health and the Ohio High School Athletic Association over the course of the last week. As most know, information and situations can change on an almost hourly basis, but it is important to us to communicate with our student-athletes and parents as to the current plans for WHS and LBMS Athletics.
The sports of Girls Tennis, Boys Golf, and Girls Golf will proceed as scheduled. Because of schools that have suspended their athletics, it may change our competition schedule and those changes will be communicated through your coaches. There may also be restrictions on fans (parents) by individual courses and schools limiting access to watch your athletes compete. When this information becomes available to us, it will be communicated.
The WHS sports of Football, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Volleyball, Boys Cross Country, and Girls Cross Country will be delayed and revert back to the OHSAA Phase 1 Restrictions. These restrictions include:
- Home Temperature Check each scheduled day
- Pre Screen questions to be answered and forms filled out daily by coaches.
- Student-athletes will arrive and depart with masks on. They will be asked to leave if they do not arrive with a mask on. Masks do not have to be worn during the physical workout but should be if there if a non physical activity going on.
- Social Distance of 6 feet should be obtained throughout the workout.
- Limit of 1 coach per 9 athletes. Try to keep in this pod for entirety of workout and consistency over the long run.
- No balls or equipment to be utilized at this time.
- Tryouts for Volleyball and Soccer will not take place at this time.
- We will reevaluate on a week to week basis.
The LBMS sports of 7th Grade Football, 8th grade Football, Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, 7th Grade Volleyball, 8th Grade Volleyball and our mixed Volleyball team will be delayed by at least one week. This will be evaluated next week.
Please feel free to email any questions to email@example.com.
Remember we are all in this together!